Thursday, October 1, 2009

Jack is Cooking a Spanish Omelette (Tortilla)

Well hello Internet!

Tonight I am making a Spanish Omelette, also known as a Tortilla.  My mom used to make this for me all the time when i was a kid.  its delicious and very easy to make.  I have thrown in a little twist to the standard omelette but otherwise the method is the same.

First I put some onions and potatoes that I had sliced very thinly into a pan with a good amount of olive oil. Next I added some broccoli, but only the stalk of the broccoli which I also sliced very thinly.

Here is everything in the pan:

















i cooked everything in the oil over a medium low heat for about 20 minutes.  then i turned the heat up quite high just for 5 minutes, to give the potatoes a little crispy edge around the outsides, and to get the onions to caramelize just a bit.

after that i took 4 eggs that i scrambled and poured them over the potatoes

















let that cook a little bit and then when the omelette is mostly cooked its time to flip it.  you need to use a plate.  slide the omelette onto a plate so that the uncooked eggs are still on the top.  now then holding the plate in your strong hand, put the pan upside down over the plate.  then flip!

















cook it for just a minute or two more and then slide it back onto the plate.  and your done!

















its good with some salad, and some toast.

















its quite filling so i will have leftovers for lunch tomorrow also!

Ingredients list:

Eggs
Potatoes
Broccoli
Onions
s+p
olive oil

4 comments:

  1. That looks amazing...almost like the real thing! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok let's try this comment thing again, shall we? Hi Jack! congrats on the blog - it looks great! I think you would be great on tv...and hey, now I know you are in NY, should be easy for you. I love your photo/banner! I love learning more about you, I think you are great...so good luck with the blog (I've been doing mine for about 9 months)...I will be checking in frequently to see what you are up to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and thanks for fixing the comment requirements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have a problem when I flip my omelette.thanks for the tip! I followed you from the foodieblogroll Jack, and I like what you have here :)

    ReplyDelete