Well Hello Internet!
I made a delicious blueberry almond tarte for thanksgiving this year. I felt there needed to be something besides pumpkin and pecan pie. So i made this delicious creation instead.
It is very simple to make. There are basically only two elements that need making, and that is the crust, and the Crème d'Amandes.
you will also need:
Blueberries (1 pint)
a 9 inch tarte ring
You can use any crust you like pre made or otherwise, but i like to make a hazelnut crust, which is excellent for any sweet crust.
Here is my recipe for hazelnut crust (this will make about three 9 inch tarts)
125 grams powdered sugar
250 grams butter
3 eggs (room temperature)
300 grams flour + a little extra
150 grams hazelnut meal
75 grams almond meal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Cream the butter and the sugar in a mixer.
2. Add the eggs one at a time until full incorporated into the butter/sugar
3. Mix in the flour, hazelnut meal, and almond meal. it is possible that the dough will still be a little wet, so just add in a little more flour until the dough holds together in a ball.
4. Refrigerate until firm (at least 1 hour). This dough can be frozen, and used at a later date.
While the Crust is Chilling you can make the Crème d'Amande.
For one 9 inch tarte you will need this:
165 grams butter
165 grams sugar
165 grams Almond Meal
2 eggs (room temperate)
30 grams corn starch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 a vanilla bean scraped out)
30 ml Goslings Rum (or other dark rum)
1. Cream the butter, sugar, and almond flour.
2. Add Eggs one at time.
3. add corn starch
4. add vanilla and rum, and mix until fluffy.
This can also be put in the fridge and or frozen until the time you want to use it.
To make the Tarte:
(preheat oven to 375°)
1. Roll out the crust, and place in tarte ring.
2. Fill evenly until with the crème d'amandes. (you don't want to fill it all the way up. about 80%. There will be displacement!!)
3. Artfully place the blueberries on top of the crème d'amandes, but do not push them down. just let them rest on top for now.
4. take the almond slivers and place them around the edge of the taste, on top of the blueberries. if you desire you may also put them in the middle.
5. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the top is nicely golden. You will notice that the blueberries have sunken into the crème d'amandes, which is exactly what should happen!
When it cools remove it from the Tarte Ring
And Serve it warm with whipped cream
There is no way this cannot be delicious!